Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Letter to PMC Regarding letter from PMC-Shown Below

Date: Feb 26, 2008

Subject: Charges For My Procedure at PMC


From: Robin Vitek
Rio Rancho, NM 87144

To: Whom it may concern,
In regards to the recent letter received via mail dated Feb 19th, 2008.
As you are aware, I have insurance (United Health Care) through my employer Los Alamos National Lab. My orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Wayne Auge, is a UHC IN- Network physician. He recommended PMC as the place to have the surgery conducted. I was told that UHC would cover the surgery by him.
In addition, when I went in for the scheduled procedure on Aug 1, 2007, I met with an admissions person (Lynn) very early that morning at Physicians Medical Center of Santa Fe. She informed me at this time that the only expense I would incur would only be 10% for my insurance deductible and that was the standard amount for such a procedure. “10%” was written on top right side of a letter I received informing me that I would be treated as an IN-Network patient. IN-Network meant to me that, “ PMC was going to make sure my insurance covered all the expenses less the 10% deductible.” I had been informed verbally that PMC was in the process of renewing a contract with United Health Care and my procedure would be fully covered by UHC and I had nothing to worry about. This was her word and the word I went by when I had specifically asked about UHC coverage and payment. This was also communicated to me in front of a witness who was driving me home after my surgery.
The bill recently received by Physicians Medical Center show a balance for the amount of $3,614.50. Of that balance, I will pay the 10% deductible as agreed and nothing more.
Sincerely,

Robin Vitek

No comments: