Thursday, March 06, 2008

Another Sad Story

(Another Decieved Person writes)

Rob:
We are one of the families who have been "stiffed" by Dr. Auge and PMC, UHC. Our son had knee surgery in July 07. Recently, we received a bill for over $4900 saying UHC had denied our claim. In addition, we were called by the anesthesia company and informed we owed $720 for just the anesthesia. They were working on a claim to get the anesthesia covered and yesterday I received a bill from them for $72, so they must have been able to get it covered. However, I received the same letter that many others did that the hospital bill would not be covered! I called UHC and was told by the claim representative that "You never trust a doctor, it is your responsibility as the insured to make sure the facilty is covered." I asked to speak to someone higher up and she said that no one else would be able to help me. She suggested the same failed appeal that others have conducted. Yesterday I paid PMC almost $1000 as I did not want a ding on my credit. What if anything can be done about this blatant misrepresentation by Dr. Auge and "his" hospital? Thanks for your help.

No comments: