Monday, March 10, 2008

More Lies

How I came to be in this situation is similar to all the others. My doctor told me that they received approval from UHC to have the surgery done at PMC. When I went to PMC I was given the paperwork that everyone has apparently gotten stating that PMC, knowing that they were out of network would take me in as an in network patient. Does this sound familiar? When I first became aware that UHC refused my claim I immediately contacted Dr. Weiner's office. His assistant told me that they had received approval and they referred me to Lloyd Scarrow at PMC. If someone can't take the word of the person who is going to put you under and perform surgery on you, whom can you trust? I also called Lisa Castellaw at PMC and she assured me that I was only going to be responsible for 10% as indicated and that a contract had been signed with UHC. Days later I received a bill from PMC for the entire amount. I spoke with Lloyd Scarrow on the phone and in person several times. He told me many things that I believe to be untruthful and unscrupulous (I will elaborate further another time if need be). These unfortunate cases of misinformation or lack or communication or whatever you want to call it are probably causing lots of people undue stress. Hopefully an agreement can be worked out soon with all involved. Stay tuned.

No comments: